Monday, August 27, 2007

sick. sucks.

been very, very sick this weekend. and very, very depressed.

started the dry heaving and nausea on saturday and didn't let up...well it hasn't let up yet.

it is possible that it is from not getting in enough water. i admit i've not been as good at it since my mom left. it is hard when it makes you nauseus. but they say i'm nauseus because i'm not getting in the water. go figure. it is hard to get the protein shake down, still, too.

so, now i'm focusing on water. because if i get dehydrated, i'll have to go into the hospital for iv's of fluid, and they may have a hard time trying to find a vein to get the iv in if i'm dehydrated...and after the last 4 episodes of being poked, i don't want to experience that again. i still have bruises at my veins from the iv from the hospital during surgery. i'm one of those people that it hurts even when it isn't supposed to. i can feel it in my arm.

so, i'm exhausted, down, and...just not feeling good at all. sure, i'm losing weight, but at what cost right now? i'm not sure it is worth it.

they say between week 8 and 12 i will feel a switch flip and will feel great.

6 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

token said...

Hey you!

I've got other friends who had the bypass previously and one who had hers done the same day I got the lap band. She's been sick and tired the whole time, too. And my other friends said they all went through the same thing.

She did have a stricture, but they took care of that. Funny thing is the one thing she keeps down easily is BREAD.

I've given up bread and most starches.

I've been tired, but not sick. I'm thinking I may need an iron supplement...maybe you, too?

Hang in there because one thing all these sick and tired people agree on is---it's all worth it in the end!

Mississippi Songbird said...

I hope you are starting to feel better, Sweetie

Bunches of hugs...