Friday, March 7, 2008

CindyDianne reminded me!

thanks for the reminder cindydianne!

everything went great last week with the surgeon appointment.

he didn't recognize me. :)

i got the ok to eat anything on the south beach diet, he recommended stage 3 (which i hadn't tried yet...have to get the book back out!) and that i introduce things slowly. i can't know what will or what will not agree with me. so it will be slow going.

he told me that the weightloss will go slower now that i'm introducing more foods so i don't need to worry about losing too much, or going below my desired weight. he says that rarely happens...but understood that my weightloss has been so quick, moreso than the norm, and still quick now that i'm doing all this yoga and weight/resistance training. so, he's not concerned. he said that if i find that happens, up the carbs and fat...but not the sugars. that's what's going to make me sick. i have to watch the sugar alchols, too.

my next appointment isn't until september! that's when we discuss what is needed as far as any surgery for extra skin etc. he has someone he refers people to that is realistic and not too aggressive as far as what he does. that's what i want. if i have to have a tummy tuck or lift or whatever it is, i don't want to look strapped in. i want to look reasonable. boobs? well, that's a given. they will need to be totally reconstructed. even now they're absolutely ridiculous.


125lbs lost for good. perhaps 25 more to make goal. go me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC! Post some pictures when you get a chance.

CindyDianne said...

Yay for you! How crazy exciting!

CindyDianne said...

Hey, if you have time, you might want to visit my blog between 10 and 2 (Central Daylight Saving Time) today. I am making a big announcement that I won't leave up for very long! ;-)

Marni said...

Hey, Rebecca! I found you thru CindyDianne's site.

I've had the RNY surgery myself and want to thank you for supporting my friend. She is such a sweet person and I am so happy for her.

As for my avatar -- that is my puppy, Dozer. Stop by my site sometime... he posts on occasion. :)

Mississippi Songbird said...

That's wonderful! Bunches of hugs!

Beanie said...

Here's to a gentle, soft landing with a smidgeon of dessert. :)

token said...

I am so happy for you. And envious. I've lost 49 lbs since I was lap banded June 07, I wish my weight loss could be as speedy as yours, but I wasn't willing to risk that whole absorption thing. I still have nearly 200lbs to go! And you're nearly done! Woot!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Happy Easter weekend!