Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Breakthroughs

i went home for a few days. home, being sewickley. where my mom and best friend live. best friend is going through some hard times. she's dealing with a mom who has ALS, and declining quickly. she is being moved into assisted living. i went to help her with her kids, and with helping her pack up her mom's things, and go thru things for goodwill. it was hard. sad visit on many levels. and i didn't want to leave, but i had to come home.

so....

i ordered a pair of jeans online from a site i had ordered from many times over the years...and they were backordered...it had been a while since i had ordered it - 2 months. they were a size 20 and showed up while i was gone. they're too big! i have to send them back!!!

AND i needed a coat, so i borrowed one from my mom. nice, london fog, soft black raincoat. SIZE 14!! and it FIT! too long for her, she's several inches shorter than me at 5'3", i'm 5'7".

ok, there's no way i'm a size 14. i'm not. i'm wearing an 18 now. i can prove it. i went and tried something on the other day with my mom. BUT i can wear her size 14 raincoat with no problem. just goes to show you that size varies from company to company.

who cares? i'll take it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful when clothes are too big?? You're doing great!

Mississippi Songbird said...

That is terrific. You are my hero! God bless you. and Happy Valentines Day!

Beanie said...

I just saw this.

What a wonderful thing it is to find yourself able to shop in the Misses department again!!

And I'll bet you really ARE a 14. Or at least a 16.

You and I should go to Dillard's and check out the Liz Claiborne spring stuff when we get together.

Congratulations, sweetie!

Unknown said...

Rebecca, I found you from Lynne's blog and am blown away by your weight loss to date - you go girl! We are the same height & I am slogging away with Weightwatchers & almost into a 14, maybe 10lbs away?

I totally agree with yur comment about the variation is sizing - but like you I'll take it when it fits...LOL!

Keep at it :-)